Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sensa vs HydroxyCut Sprinkles

Right up front I'll tell you that's a somewhat misleading title on the blog... I haven't actually tried Sensa. I checked the website way back when it first came out, when they were offering free trials. The catch to the free trial was I had to commit to buying the following month, which ran somewhere in the neighborhood of $60 if I remember correctly. I'll double check on that and let you know.

I really wanted to try Sensa as it sounded easy and it seems to work. However, it was too pricey for my slim budget. Now if my budget matched my hips then I might've given it a shot.

The other day I was in the store and saw Hydroxycut Sprinkles. Same concept it seemed, sprinkle it on your food, no taste, no gritty texture, yada yada yada. I'm starting with the negatives so I want to make sure you read to the end 'cause it does get positive, and positive enough to overcome the tiny negatives.

It was only $17 for a month supply. It came with 90 packets and a little carrier for the packets. I thought it was a sprinkler container but it's just a holder.

It should have been a sprinkler! Getting the stuff to "sprinkle" on food is a talent I haven't mastered yet. It dumps at times. That's fine if you can mix it up in the food but if you're sprinkling it on something like low-fat cheese toast it just sits there.

The bad thing about the clumps are that, contrary to the claim of not altering the taste of food, it does when it's not spread thin and mixed in. Not to mention it has a distinctive smell that isn't pleasant,

Now, if you get it mixed into your food, it's great. No taste, no smell. Except now that I accidentally clumped and smelled it, I have it stuck in my brain. I do smell it! Well, maybe I just think I do. No, I smell it. Not. Maybe? Is it sensory memory or reality?

I'm still doing it. Why? It works. I don't even have to use it three times a day. One packet on my breakfast meal and I don't want anything else for the rest of the day! Sure, I eat as I know I'll gain weight if I don't.

Now I've learned to sprinkle half a packet on cheese toast (I'm gluten free so it's rice toast). I allow myself the toast if I've worked out for at least an hour. Just my way of doing things...works for me, might not work for you.

I use the other half of the packet on my lunch or maybe dinner.

I didn't expect it to work. None of the pills or other diets worked. I'm a reformed diet-aholic.I used to try them all to keep in shape. Now I've learned to eat right, exercise and climb on the scale once in a while to make sure I don't need to tighten things up. Usually my clothes tell me way before the scale!

I'm about seven days into the Hydroxycut Sprinkles "trial". So far I've lost 3 pounds. I haven't felt deprived in any way as I've been using the sprinkles. I just look at food and realize I'm not hungry, don't want it. Even the things I usually really, really, really want...

It's stimulant-free so there's no off-the-wall bouncing and it's fine to take it at night as it won't keep you up.

I figure the 90 packets will last me at least two, if not three, months. I can swing $10 a month to lose the weight I want to lose. I may find that as my system adjusts to the sprinkles that I'll need to use two or more a day. No problem, I'm willing to spend $17 plus tax a month to get off those last few pounds.

Here's a few specs: Gluten-free, lactose-free, calorie-free, sodium-free, no gritty texture, stimulant-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments, don't like links. If I have time to check 'em out I might post them, but it if looks like an advertisement or spam, not happening. We review all comments before posting so they won't show until we've had a chance to read them (hopefully fairly fast). Thanks!