Thursday, March 28, 2013

More on Sensa and Hydroxycut Sprinkles for weight loss

I have talked with a number of people who've used Sensa since my last blog. They like everything about it except the cost. However, for most, they were willing to swallow the cost because they lost the weight they wanted to lose.

I wonder what happens when you reach your goal and you stop using it? Maybe you go on a once-a-day forever Sensa maintenance sprinkle. Another question for my list of things to research.

The Hydroxycut Sprinkles have a distinctive smell. It isn't pleasant. It will never work on my cheese toast, even in a light dose. The smell dissipates after a bit but my brain retains the memory! Bleh. 

It really does need to come in or with some kind of container that allows you to shake it evenly over something. It dumps out of the little packet in blobs (how's that for a scientific sounding description ;-). I may find an old salt shaker and pour a bunch of the packets into it. I wonder if it would absorb the moisture in the air and clump?

It isn't tasteless unless you mix it into a fairly large dish. I eat small meals so I'm now cutting open the packet, putting a little on each of my early meals. So far one packet is all I'm using a day and my appetite is zip so it's working just fine. It comes with 90 packets, a one-month supply if you plan to or need to use it on three meals a day.

It changes the color of light colored foods so it's not possible to sneak it into your spouse's meal if we're talking potatoes or grits. It's brown, not clear or white like Sensa. If you're going the sneaky route to "help" your spouse or other loved one be sure to sprinkle it on strong-flavored foods with darker colors :-)

I'm sticking with it. Bottom line, it's working. You just have to adjust how you use it. I think I'd really rather take a pill though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments, don't like links. If I have time to check 'em out I might post them, but it if looks like an advertisement or spam, not happening. We review all comments before posting so they won't show until we've had a chance to read them (hopefully fairly fast). Thanks!