Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Losing weight

I saw a post this morning on one of my Facebook accounts that said "I keep trying to lose my weight... but it finds ME."

How appropriate and true! We lose, we gain it back. In fact, my experience has been that I gain back more than I lost.

Just like most of you who struggle with weight after 40, I am constantly looking for that magic diet, the magic herb or pill, the exercise that doesn't take any time out of my schedule...

I've finally found something that works for me, just one of those "tried everything, wow, this one is actually working for me" life-changes. It sure isn't going to work for everyone as it's very restrictive (but healthy). What it taught me though is that it's 'click-ability' that counts. This diet change, new food lifestyle, clicked for me. It's not going to click for others.

That got me to thinking that it might not be a bad idea to get a few friends together to share their experiences, what work (s) (ed) for them, what didn't. How they're struggling, battling the bulge. Trying to raise kids, hold down a job, shop for a family that doesn't eat like you is tough, tough, tough. Driving by a McDonald's, going to family reunions with cake, cake and more desserts if you don't like cakes... Ow.

So, we're sharing our struggles and triumphs on here.

I'm Jan and I'll let the others introduce themselves as they share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments, don't like links. If I have time to check 'em out I might post them, but it if looks like an advertisement or spam, not happening. We review all comments before posting so they won't show until we've had a chance to read them (hopefully fairly fast). Thanks!