Sunday, March 13, 2011

Fresh Market Eggs

I shared a bit about my egg experience at Fresh Market yesterday in my last post and said I'd go to their site to investigate. I'm happy to say that their eggs are hormone free, even though the package didn't say so. I only looked at one, the cage free (not the organic) eggs, so could be the other packages DO say hormone-free in addition to their other statements.

The eggs look better than the eggs in the other container I had from another store -- the brown eggs are darker. For me the thickness of the eggshell is telling. The more "normal" a hen eats, the thicker the shell (or so I've been told and have read). I'll let you know what I find in the regard when I get around to cooking an egg. I guess I'm backing myself into a corner and will have to do an egg blog soon. I'll add it to my list of things to write about.

Here's the info from their site re: eggs.

...we believe that with happy hens come healthy eggs. Our premium eggs come from cage free hen environments on family-owned farms! All farms follow standards that surpass the government's highest requirements for egg protection...

Omega 3 Large Eggs
200mg of Omega 3 Fatty Acids
200 mcg of Lutein Per Serving in Each Yolk
Produced by Cage Free Hens
Produced Without Added Hormones or Antibiotics
USDA Grade A

Omege 3 XL Eggs
210mg of Omega 3 Fatty Acids
225 mcg of Lutein Per Serving in Each Yolk
Produced by Cage Free Hens
Produced Without Added Hormones or Antibiotics
USDA Grade A

Cage Free Eggs
Produced by Cage Free Hens
Produced Without Added Hormones or Antibiotics
USDA Grade A

Organic Eggs
Certified Organic Eggs
Produced by Cage Free Hens
Produced Without Added Hormones or Antibiotics
Hens Have Outdoor Access
USDA Grade A 

http://www.thefreshmarket.com/departments/grocery_TFM_eggs.html

---

My last post: http://fatnflab.blogspot.com/2011/03/fresh-market-mixed-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments, don't like links. If I have time to check 'em out I might post them, but it if looks like an advertisement or spam, not happening. We review all comments before posting so they won't show until we've had a chance to read them (hopefully fairly fast). Thanks!